I was inspired by a post on Pinterest to try a hand at some apple chips. Tis the season after all. I decided to add some spice to give them a little kick and I have to say I am very happy with how they turned out. They are a healthy snack to have on hand with no sugar added. Happy Fall!
Spiced Apple Chips
3 1/2 large apples
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. With a knife or a mandolin, slice the apples about 1/16th of an inch making sure to cut the centers out, removing the seeds.
3. In a small bowl combine the cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
4. Lay the apples out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat (I needed about three sheets total). Sprinkle with half the spice mixture.
5. Bake about 45 minutes and flip, sprinkling the second side with the rest of the spice mixture.
6. Bake another 45 minutes and turn off the oven, leaving the apple chips inside to cool.